Bad design improved a little

While there are still some issues about the design of my logging system that I'm not fully happy with I've managed to solve the issue of having more than one observing session in a single day. Thankfully all it took was one small change to the way I write the XML files (the change also being back-compatible with all existing XML files that I've written) and a very small change to each of the xsl files that help produce the HTML version of the logs.

It's not perfect, but it's good enough. I also managed to come up with the fix just in time. The same day I wrote about the problem I ended up having two observing sessions in that one day.

File Under: Astronomy, Observing Logs, XML, XSLT.

No comments: