2008-01-18

Dr Brian Cox

Being a member of The Society for Popular Astronomy, and being interested in photography, it's no surprise that when I attend an SPA event I take a camera with me. I tend to publish many of the images and I've also got an agreement with the editor of Popular Astronomy (the magazine published by the SPA) which lets him use any of the images in the magazine if he thinks they're useful.

The nice thing about this is that I generally don't know which he'll use, if any, so when the magazine turns up it's always a nice surprise to find an image or two in there.

At the last SPA meeting, in October last year, we had Dr Brian Cox giving the main talk (and a cracking talk it was too). I took a handful of photographs, my favourite being this:

Dr Brian Cox #3

So you can imagine how chuffed I was when I sat down last night to read the latest edition of the magazine and found this:

Dr Brian Cox (Published)

Insert smiley face here.

Also, don't forget, the next meeting of the SPA is a week on Saturday.

No comments: