2005-10-29

Mars -- not looking too bad

Managed to get just over an hour of clear sky, 'scope and Mars tonight! Didn't think it was going to happen — the forecast wasn't looking at all good. Seems I got lucky.

By my calculation I managed to view it within about six hours of closest approach. Yes, I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference but it does make for a nice milestone on my path back to observing on a regular basis.

And it's been pointed out to me that the radio version of The War of the Worlds is available for download from http://www.mercurytheatre.info/.

File Under: Mars.

5 comments:

Ben C. said...

Dave,

I enjoy reading your blog and glad to hear you got to see Mars so close to close approach. Here in New York City the skies cleared late in the evening so many got the opportunity as well here where we are sometimes plagued with consecutive cloudy nights as just the wrong time for key events.

Keep up the good work.

Ben
Manhattan, NYC
http://novahunter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see it. Thursday it is "supposed" to clear and I will try the #21 filter, good tip!

Dave Pearson said...

Ben, thanks for your kind words.

Glad to hear that both of you got a view of Mars.

Last time I saw the rest of the week isn't looking too good for me. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the Mercury Theatre info. Listening to WOTW now. Another 51 minutes disappears!

Dave Pearson said...

Really you need to thank Neale Hind.